About This Recipe:
Chicken piccata is an easy, flavorful update to your average chicken breast recipe. I am a huge fan of acidity in savory meals (extra limes for my tacos and pad thai always,) so this dish is constantly in my rotation.
If you don’t like as much of a zesty kick, definitely scale back on the lemon juice (I suggest using just 1 lemon in this case.) I make sure to have extra sauce so that I can soak it up with bread, or spoon it over pasta for an easy side dish.
This is an under 30 minute recipe, so it’s perfect for a quick and healthy weekday dinner.
Ingredients (4 servings)
-4 thin cut chicken breasts (about 1/2 inch thick)
-1/2 cup flour
-16 oz mushrooms, sliced
-3 lemons: 2 juiced, 1 thinly sliced for garnishing
-1 cup low sodium chicken stock
-1 cup white wine or water
-1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
-Salt and pepper
Instructions (25 minutes)
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge the chicken breasts in the flour.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, pour in 1 tbl of olive oil. Add the chicken and cook each side for 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add another tbl of olive oil into the pan and sauté the mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice, chicken stock, and water. Bring to a boil and stir, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Place the chicken back into the pan, and add the parsley. Simmer for a few minutes and serve with rice or pasta.