About This Recipe:
Chicken tenders are a classic, childhood American snack that I think everyone loves from time to time. These baked coconut chicken tenders are a healthy and fun update to the typical fried ones.
The coconut adds a delicious, natural sweetness to the chicken. I have made this recipe with both sweetened and unsweetened coconut, and both are great depending on if I am in the mood for more sweet or savory. The panko and coconut flakes also crisp up nicely in the oven, so they are still satisfying and crunchy.
Ingredients (4 servings)
-1 lb chicken tenders (about 1 inch wide)
-1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
-1/3 cup shredded coconut (either sweetened or unsweetened)
-Salt and pepper
Honey mustard sauce
-3 tbls honey
-3 tbls brown mustard
Instructions (20 minutes)
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and season with salt and pepper.
2. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and shredded coconut.
3. Dip each chicken tender in the egg, let the excess drip off, and then dredge in the coconut mixture. Press the chicken into the mixture so that it adheres in a nice, even layer.
4. Place the chicken on a well oiled lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for 16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Serve with the honey mustard sauce and your favorite sides for a complete meal.