About This Recipe:
Shrimp scampi is a delicious, under 30 minute recipe that seafood fans will love. The best part about cooking shrimp is that it takes literally 3-4 minutes, and the scampi sauce comes together quickly in the same pan for easy cleanup. Even though the sauce only takes 10 minutes, it is full of flavor from the white wine, garlic, and lemon juice, and is a bit decadent from the butter. I have also made this recipe dairy free without the butter, and it is really almost as good! The parsley adds a nice pop of color, and I like serving this straight from the pan with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Ingredients (4 servings)
-12 oz linguini
-1.25 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-3/4 cup white wine
-1 lemon, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
-2 tbls butter
-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
-Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
-Salt and pepper
Instructions (25 minutes)
1. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the linguini until al dente. Then drain well and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, pour in 1-2 tbls of olive oil and sear the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side just until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper and remove to a plate.
3. Add another tbl of olive oil and sauté the garlic for one minute. Pour in the wine and lemon juice, and reduce for about 3 minutes.
5. Melt in the butter and simmer for a few minutes on low heat to thicken.
6. Toss the cooked linguini, shrimp, pepper flakes, and parsley together in the skillet until everything is well coated.