About This Recipe:
Shrimp scampi is a delicious, under 30 minute recipe that seafood fans will love. The best part about cooking shrimp is that it takes literally 3-4 minutes, and the scampi sauce comes together quickly in the same pan for easy cleanup. Even though the sauce only takes 10 minutes, it is full of flavor from the white wine, garlic, and lemon juice, and is a bit decadent from the butter. I have also made this recipe dairy free without the butter, and it is really almost as good! The parsley adds a nice pop of color, and I like serving this straight from the pan with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Ingredients (4 servings)
-1/2 lb linguini
-1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
-2 shallots, finely chopped
-6 garlic cloves, minced
-3/4 cup white wine
-1 lemon, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
-1/4 cup butter
-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
-Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
-Salt and pepper
Instructions (25 minutes)
1. In a large pot, boil water and cook the linguini (about 10 minutes.) Then drain well and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, pour in 1 tbl of olive oil and sear the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side just until they are fully cooked. Remove to a plate.
3. Add another tbl of olive oil and sauté the shallots for 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
4. Pour in the wine and lemon juice and reduce for about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the butter and simmer for a few minutes on low heat to thicken.
6. Toss the cooked linguini, shrimp, pepper flakes, and parsley together in the skillet until everything is well coated.