About This Recipe:
Who says cooking at home can’t be fancy? One of my favorite fancy Italian dishes is Lobster alla Diavola, and after some quick research, I realized how easy it is to make. Aside from the fact that this dish requires lobster and has an exotic name, it is not intimidating at all and can be prepared in just 30 minutes. This recipe is perfect for a date night at home, or just a solo delicious lunch (because you deserve it!) I love spicy food, so I personally use 2 tsps of crushed red pepper flakes, but would recommend 1 tsp to start. At many restaurants in Manhattan, this dish will cost about $30, so save yourself some cash and gain some major brownie points at home!
Ingredients (4 servings)
-4 lobster tails
-12 oz spaghetti
-1/4 cup olive oil
-6 garlic cloves, minced
-1-2 tsps crushed red pepper flakes
-2 tbls tomato paste
-1/2 cup white wine
-28 oz crushed tomatoes
-2 tsps dried oregano
-1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
-1/2 cup reserved pasta water
-Salt and pepper
Instructions (30 minutes)
1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, pour in the olive oil and cook the lobster tails for 6-8 minutes depending on how thick they are. Season with salt and pepper, and remove to a dish.
2. Add the minced garlic to the pot and lightly brown for 1 minute. Then stir in the red pepper flakes and tomato paste for 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour in the white wine and cook until it has mostly evaporated (about 3 minutes.) Then add in the crushed tomatoes and oregano. Place the lobster tails back into the pot and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. While the sauce is simmering, in another pot bring water to a boil and cook the spaghetti. Drain the spaghetti and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and add to the sauce.
5. Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
2 thoughts on “Lobster alla Diavola”
Looks like a great dish, even though I usually eat lobster by itself when I do eat lobster. I guess it is worth a try.