About This Recipe:
Here we are with another Olive Garden soup dupe. On the menu today is their delicious creamy chicken gnocchi soup. This recipe is still delicious and creamy, but a lighter and healthier version that you can easily make at home. The base of this soup is very similar to regular chicken noodle soup, and it’s a complete meal in a bowl. Perfect for cozy Fall nights in.
Ingredients (4-6 Servings)
-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
-1 small onion, diced
-2 carrots, diced
-2 celery stalks, diced
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-2 tbls flour
-8 cups chicken broth
-16 oz gnocchi
-3 oz spinach
-1/4 cup heavy cream
-1/2 lemon, juiced
-2 tbls chopped parsley
-Salt and pepper
Instructions (45 minutes)
1. Place the chicken breasts on a lined baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes until fully cooked. Cool and shred the chicken.
2. While the chicken roasts, in a large Dutch oven over medium heat cook the onion, carrots, and celery for 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Stir in the flour and cook off for 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Then simmer for 10 minutes.
4. While the soup simmers, in another pot bring water to a boil and cook the gnocchi.
5. Add the cooked gnocchi to the soup in addition to the spinach and shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Once the spinach has wilted, turn off the heat and mix in the heavy cream, lemon juice, and parsley.